Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01309 611 729
Terms and Conditions
The dull stuff but none the less important. Please take time to read the terms and conditions, we do our best to be as reasonable as possible.
- Booking Terms and Conditions
- Activity Terms and Conditions
- Voucher Terms and Conditons
- ACE Hideaways Terms and Conditions
If there are any questions or concerns by all means give us a tinkle on +44 (0) 1309611729 or send in an email
Ace are a leading activity provider in Scotland and have exceptional safety standards with an impressive safety record. We aim to provide an amazing Fun experience to all our guests. Ace Adventure is committed to provide the highest standard with all of our activities. We use fully experienced, trained and qualified guides and provide appropriate instruction. We make every effort to minimise risk and provide a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, however it must be stressed that there is an element of risk associated to any outdoor activity, when joining us for an activity every participant must acknowledge that we have made you aware of this and agree to these terms and conditions.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Ace Adventure reserves the right to change the venue or the activity or to postpone or cancel any trip if we feel water levels or weather conditions on the day of the trip could cause safety issues
- Ace Adventure accept bookings either online, email, telephone or by written letter. Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Cleared Cheque, Cash or Card. Card Payments can incur a surcharge of which you will be notified in advance
- Bookings are accepted when Ace Adventure receives a NON REFUNDABLE deposit. Ace Adventure reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and by the person who originally made the booking with Ace Adventure. Cancellations are accepted from the date Ace Adventure receives confirmation of cancellation in writing by letter or email
- Cancellations incur the following charges:
- Loss of non-refundable deposit 14 days prior to the activity date
- Charged full amount for cancellation within 14 days of the activity date
- Notification prior to 14 days before date of activity of a change in numbers attending will have the deposit amount amended with the outstanding balance with no loss of deposit, Ace Adventure reserve the right to change this policy without notice for any reason
- The final balance is due 14 days in advance of the activity date unless otherwise arranged
- All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid on the date of the trip or no later than 30 days of the date of invoice. Ace Adventure charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter
- Ace Adventure reserve the right to make alterations to brochure details or website lisitings, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity
- Even though Ace Adventure carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. This should include river rafting up to and including Grade 5 whitewater where appropriate. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker or you can try JS Insurance.
- ALL participants must be made aware by the person booking the trip that Whitewater rafting, as well as all other outdoor adventurous activities, carry a degree of risk that can include and is not exclusive to death and disablement. Even though Ace Adventure will manage these risks, there is still a chance that participants may fall into cold, turbulent water that is fast flowing or be subjected to exposure of heights and many other potential hazards associated with our activites. Participants will only be accepted on the understanding that they are aware of these risks and wish to participate of their own free will
- On signing or completing a ‘Participation Form’ or other Company Document, or receiving a trip confirmation, or booking you agree to honor and abide by the Booking Terms and Conditions and Activity Terms and Conditions as documented by Ace Adventure. You acknowledge that all the participants in your party are aware of these terms and conditions prior to the activity date
Activity Terms and Conditions
IN CONSIDERATION OF, and as part of the agreement for the opportunity to participate in the program, the activities, services and food arranged for me (if any) by Ace Adventure Limited, I hereby agree:
1. I acknowledge I have read, understood and approved the following terms and conditions.
2. I am aware that all outdoor activities involve inherent risks of illness, injury, disablement, death and/or loss or damage of property, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature and other causes known or unknown. I recognise that such risks are present always, before, during and after the activity. I am also aware that medical facilities may not be readily available during the program.
3. I hereby indemnify and irrevocably and forever release and waive all rights and recourse against Ace Adventure and their respective subsidiaries, licensees, successors, related and affiliated companies and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, licensees, agents, representatives and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, payments, proceedings, judgments, settlements, awards, expenses (including without limitation, legal fees and costs) damages, losses, costs, illness, delay or other liabilities (other than a claim for negligence in the case of death or personal injury) which I or my heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against any of the above-named entities arising in connection with the activity, or any breach of the terms of this agreement. I voluntarily accept the legal risk, thereby expressly giving up any right of action and accept the physical risk arising from all liability whether such liability arises in contract, due to negligence (other than in the case of liability due to negligence for death or personal injury), or due to breach of duty raised by statute, or in any other manner whatsoever.
4. I understand that it is a requirement to declare all existing or reoccurring injuries including any fitness or medical conditions prior to undertaking the activity.
5. I understand that a safety brief will be provided by a member of staff prior to the start of the activity and I will pay attention. If a safety brief is not provided I will refuse to participate in the activity.
6. In acknowledge this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
7. I consent that images and video footage may be taken before during or after the activity and may be used for marketing purposes by Ace Adventure.
8. I confirm that I am over the age of eighteen (16) and have authority to complete this release and that I have read and understood this agreement prior to signing it.
Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Ace Gift Vouchers are Valid for 12 months from the date of purchase as indicated on the voucher. We are reasonable about this and will extend them by 6 months on request by calling or emailing the office quoting the voucher reference number. Any difference may be requested from a price increase outside 12 months from the date of purchase
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash
- Gift Vouchers can only be used once
- Booking the activity requires the bearer to contact the office by phone or email, quoting the voucher reference number and providing your name, address, mobile telephone number and email address
- Booking is subject to availability
- There is no refund, postponement or voucher extension for a cancelled Booking unless Ace Adventure has cancelled the activity session
- Ace Adventure reserves the right to change the activity booked to another activity subject to environmental conditions and or safety. Ace will endeavour to provide an upgraded or enhanced experience in this event
- Ace Adventure reserves the right to accept the exchange of specific activity vouchers to different activity on request and subject to clause 2
- Normal Booking and Activity Terms and Conditions apply
ACE Hideaways Terms and Conditions
Please visit this web page.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and it’s owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply’s to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through it’s server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and it’s external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or it’s owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and it’s owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or it’s owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by far not a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and it’s owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor it’s owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and it’s owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy url’s [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened url’s published on social media platforms by this website and it’s owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine url’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations – The Guide
Registered Company: Ace Adventure Limited – Relugas Gardeners Cottage, Dunphail, Forres, IV36 2QL – Company No. SC309103
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01309 611 729